Terms and Conditions
- You can contact us using the following details: The Secret Truffletier, 61 London Road, Woolmer Green, Knebworth, Herts. SG3 6JE
Phone: 01438 817338
- Our office hours are 9am- 5pm Mon-Fri
- We only deliver to UK addresses (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland)
- Delivery will be made to the address given at the time of the order.
- All orders are shipped using either Royal Mail First Class Post or APC courier service depending on your chosen method. Orders must be placed before 1pm for next day delivery.
- Delivery estimates for Standard items are 3-5 working days and for Express orders placed before 1pm for the following working day. We are unable to make deliveries on a Saturday. Orders placed on a Friday will not be dispatched until the first working day to follow it. This is to reduce the risk of chocolates being stored in unsuitable conditions, which would prevent your order reaching you in good condition.
- If there is no one there to receive any parcels which cannot be posted through the letter box or otherwise securely delivered, then it may be left with a neighbour or you may be required to arrange collection or re-delivery. We cannot be held responsible for any damage, delay or mishandling which may arise when a delivery is attempted and fails.
- We cannot be held liable for any delay in Royal Mail, APC or any other service we may use, or resulting from circumstances which are beyond our control, such as strikes, adverse weather conditions, disasters (natural or otherwise)
- Whilst Royal Mail and APC provide guidelines on their service, please bear in mind that this is not guaranteed. We recommend that any orders for special occasions placed during peak seasonal periods (such as Christmas and Easter) are placed as early as possible in order to avoid disappointment resulting from postal delays
- Christmas orders must be placed at least 2 days prior to the appropriate Royal Mail deadline. This deadline changes every year and can be found on the Royal Mail website
- Orders of an exceptionally large nature (i.e. those which exceed our stock levels at the time of ordering) may take longer to fulfil. We will notify you if this is the case.
- The Secret Truffletier is committed to quality both in our products and in our customer service. If for any reason you feel that has not been achieved then please contact us immediately so that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. We will respond at the earliest opportunity
Cancellation and Returns:
- If you would like to cancel an order prior to dispatch, then please contact us immediately on (01438 817 338), quoting your order reference number and your name
- If you have ordered an item from us and you feel the quality is not acceptable you may return it to us within 7 days and it is in its original packaging in resalable condition as well as with any labels or seals intact, we will provide you with a full refund or credit against another item of your choice within 30 days
- It is not possible to return items on which the seal has been broken or the packaging has been damaged
- We cannot refund any costs involved in returning any items to us
- We reserve the right, at our own discretion, to refuse, cancel or alter any order placed if for any reason we can no longer supply the item in question; if there has been a mistake in pricing or labelling of the product. We will always endeavour contact you to advise you if this should ever happen
- We try to keep our online shop as up to date as possible, but there may be occasions when items are out of stock or no longer available. We will contact you if you order any such item, as set out below
- We reserve the right to withdraw or alter the price of any item at any time
- We may sell limited edition or one-off items in limited numbers
- We reserve the right to withdraw any offer or promotion used through the online shop or advertised through our website, or any affiliated website, at any time
- Any offers or promotions we make are designed to be used on their own, and are not available in conjunction with any other offer
- The selections contained in the boxes may vary, as we only uses the freshest chocolates available to us at the time of packing
- When you place an order we will send you a confirmation email to indicate that we have received your order. This confirmation does not indicate that a contract exists between yourself and The Secret Truffletier.
- The information gathered to fulfil your order is only used to organise delivery. Once your order has left our care, your information is stored for 1 year. This is in-case we need to contact you regarding any products purchased. Your information will be destroyed after one year.
- Orders placed cannot be dispatched until we have received payment. If your payment online should fail, please contact us and we will do our best to help you.
- We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we ship your order to you.
- If there is any significant delay in the delivery of your item of which we are aware we will contact you to let you know and offer an alternative, if it deemed appropriate
- If your item is temporarily out of stock we will place it on back order for you. We will contact you with the option to cancel or change your order if you would rather not wait
- We reserve the right to offer an alternative item or cancel any order and refund any money paid (as applicable) if there has been an error in pricing; a problem with stock; if we cannot deliver to your address; if we are no longer able to supply a product or for any other reason
- We cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage occurring after the goods have left our premises
- Once you have taken delivery of the goods you become responsible for the correct storage and care of those goods. We cannot be held responsible for anything which happens to them after this time
- The online shop is not to be used to order wholesale orders. For these orders please use the contact page to speak to one of our team.
Storage of your chocolates:
- Please keep your chocolates cool and dry, 16-18 degrees C, and out of direct sunlight
- Please note that refrigerators are too cold for chocolate
- Keeping chocolate at temperatures higher than 18 degrees C, or lower than 16 degrees C can lead to it blooming (where the cocoa butter rises to the surface creating a white appearance)
- All The Secret Truffletier chocolates either contain, or may contain traces of the following allergens: nuts, milk, soya. This is because we are a small factory and make a wide range of recipes using a wide range of ingredients.
- All individual products are labelled with any allergens present in capitals.
- Many, but not all, of our chocolates contain alcohol either as a preservative (to preserve the fresh cream used in our recipe) or as a flavour
- We take your privacy seriously. For more information, please view our Privacy Statement
- You may choose to register an account with us
- We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or in any way alter an account at any time at our own discretion
- Your details will not be given to any third party unless other than to process your payment and complete your order. For more information please see our Privacy Statement
- You may remove your account at any time by contacting us with your name, email address and postal address. We may contact you to verify the request
- Your data is protected by the Data Protection Act 1998
- By choosing to add your email to our mailing list you are giving consent to us to send information about The Secret Truffletier and our products
- We do not share your email with any 3rd party.
Trademarks and intellectual property:
- Trademarks, service marks and logos and other images displayed on this site belong to The Secret Truffletier.
- Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting licence to use any trademark, service mark, logo or image displayed on this site without the express written permission of The Secret Truffletier.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.